recipe: love potion rose and ginger tartlets
Raw vegan tartlets are the ultimate decadent weekend dessert. A chewy, chunky base made from almonds, oats and dates is the perfect vessel to house a silky smooth chocolate ganache filling. We've been experimenting with fillings in the Conscious Chocolate kitchen and this was our favourite; using our Love Potion chocolate and a tiny drop of rose water to result in a creamy, fragrant chocolatey filling. If you don't have any to hand, feel free to omit the rose water. The filling will be less fragrant - but the ganache will still be delicious.
Love potion: Rose and ginger chocolate tartlets
1. In a food processor or high power blender, blitz the almonds, oats, dates, sea salt and vanilla extract until it reaches a crumbly dough-like consistency.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil and add the nut-medjool mixture. Stir until combined fully.
3. Press mixture into 6 individual tartlet tins or one big tart tin and leave in the fridge to chill.
4. Make the chocolate filling. Melt the bars of love potion chocolate in a saucepan on a low heat and stir 50g of coconut cream through until fully combined. Add the drop of rose water and spoon into the tartlet tins.
5. Top with desiccated coconut and chopped stem ginger, then chill in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours before serving.