With spring right around the corner, these bad boys will be just what you need when its dull and grey to remind you that sunny days are on the way!
These are made with our yummy Plain Jane bar, which is vegan, organic, kosher and raw. We make all our bars by hand in small batches in our artisan kitchen. This one was a great taste award winner and is the basis of the whole range.
As all our bars, the Plain Jane is gluten free, dairy free, soya free and free from refined sugars.
There are yummy raspberries in this recipe and a little known fact about raspberries, they are an aphrodisiac - Enjoy!
- 100g pistachios
- 100g dates
- 2 tbsp water ( add only if not sticky enough )
- Almond Butter Layer:
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- 1 tbsp rice syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp dry frozen raspberries
- Chocolate Layer:
- 100g dark chocolate (70% cacao Conscious Chocolate bars )
- Dehydrated apple slices
- Dehydrated raspberries
1. Stick the base ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth and sticky.
2. Grab a muffin tray, and grease the holes lightly with coconut oil. Add a strip of parchment paper in each hole before assembling the dessert. This way, you'll be able to take the cups out of the tray with ease.
3. Fill four muffin holes with a layer of pistachio dough. Stick in the freezer while preparing the almond butter cream.
4. Mix all the almond butter cream ingredients until well combined. Take out the tray from the freezer, and top off the pistachio dough with the almond butter cream. Stick tray back in the freezer.
5. Melt the chocolate over a bain marie, and pour evenly over each of the 4 cups. 6. Sprinkle with dehydrated fruit crumbs if using.
7. Leave the cups in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.
It's officially autumn now and we're deciding to fully embrace the changing of the seasons. Today, for breakfast, we treated ourselves to a warming bowl of chocolate topped porridge. The mornings are definitely feeling that little bit chillier again so we're swapping our daily smoothies for these steaming hot bowls of goodness. Choc porridge bowl.. A Sunday morning [...]
There's nothing we like better here at Conscious Chocolate than a little treat for pudding after our dinner in the evenings. Of course, most nights a few squares straight from the bar will do, but sometimes we like to make something a bit more special, more decadent.. something we can devour from a spoon curled [...]
This is hardly a recipe as such, more of a fun idea, but definitely worth a mention. The last of these long summer evenings are upon us and soon enough barbecues will have become a memory until next year. The perfect way to end an evening in the garden is with a spoon, digging in [...]
Raw vegan tartlets are the ultimate decadent weekend dessert. A chewy, chunky base made from almonds, oats and dates is the perfect vessel to house a silky smooth chocolate ganache filling. We've been experimenting with fillings in the Conscious Chocolate kitchen and this was our favourite; using our Love Potion chocolate and a tiny drop of [...]
Here at Conscious Chocolate, it's no secret that we're major chocaholics. Getting our vegan chocolate cake fix without the need for eggs, milk, butter or refined sugar is a tricky one. However, we've developed a beautiful vegan recipe for a molten chocolate mug cake that can be made in the microwave, in 5 minutes from [...]
Minty Oat shake You need this one in your life guys - it is just a perfect combo of mint, chocolate and shake and is super yummy what ever the weather!Serves 1-2 100g yogurt (I used coconut) 1 tbsp cacao 250ml milk (I used almond) 2 chunks of conscious chocolate, the mint hint Handful of ice cubes Optional: small handful of [...]
We all know how important it is to get those greens into your daily diet and one of our favourite ways to do so is to drink them down in our breakfast! Our ulitmate superfood bar, Wild At Heart, made with organic maca, vanilla and wild blue-green algae is the perfect addition to a breakfast green [...]
One of our go-to breakfast staples during the summer months is granola. We make ours ourself and keep it in an airtight jar on our kitchen worktop. This way, we know exactly what goes into it and use our preferred natural sweeteners such as maple syrup or brown rice syrup. Another great thing about making your [...]
If there's one thing we love on warm summer evenings, it's sharing something a little sweet after dinner with our loved ones. Millionaire's shortbread has been a raw vegan recipe revelation for some time now, but we like to make ours a little differently.To make our version a little more decadent than the standard health-ified shortbread [...]